Max Weber Programme Teaching Certificate – EUI, Florence: Italy
Training in: Curriculum and Course Design, Structuring Lectures, Small and Large Group Teaching and Teaching in Multicultural Environments, Student Supervision
Supervision of graduate students
Supporter of successful Fulbright Scholarship Application. Supervision of Greg Niedt (Drexel University, Philadelphia, United States) during 3 month stay at mpi-Göttingen.
General teaching responsibilities
2019 – 2020
Assistant Professor Urban Studies (80% Teaching) | Leiden University.
Bachelor Urban Studies:
- Safe Cities Lecture Series
- Multicultural Cities Lecture Series
- Archival Methods for Urban Studies
- Cultural Diversity Lecture Series
- Foundations of Urban Studies
- Urban Economics and Planning
2016 – 2018
Research Group Leader (60% Teaching) | University of Kassel, Germany.
Courses developed and taught:
- Segregation and the Fragmented City
- Urban Citizenship: Theory and Practice
- Encounters of Diversity in theory and film
- Practical Project: Migrant Housing Biographies
- Seminar: New Technologies and geo-spatial data collection
Reading Contemporary Classics – Course Co-ordinator, EUI, Florence: Italy.
Topic: Towards relational diversity or why we should move beyond a cultural lens in studying cohesion and solidarity
Scuola di Psicologia e Scienze della Formazione, Univertsità di
Guest Seminar and Lecture
Topic: Studying Complex Urban Settings
MA Students in Migration Studies, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona: Spain.
BA Course ‘Everyday Diversity’, University of Konstanz, Konstanz: Germany.
MSc Statistics for Social Scientists – University of Sussex, Brighton: UK.
English as a Second Language Teacher
Refugee Council, Birmingham: UK.
Hessischer Hochschulpreis für Exzellenz in der Lehre